The fabric I used came from a sample rack so I'm not entirely sure of its contents, however I think it must be lycra based as it has a bit of stretch - this is a good thing as this skirt is quite close fitting!
The yokes: Getting a nice clean V shape on the yokes was difficult and I didn't quite get there unfortunately! You can see from the picture that the back V dose not sit so flush.
The godet: I loved this element of the skirt in the magazine picture, but unfortunately this part just did not quite work on mine. I think this was because of 2 factors -
- I had taken 2 inches off the length when cutting out to get it to my desired length, however I forgot to adjust the the godet seam mark on the pattern up by 2 inches also. This meant that my godet was far too small;
- The fabric doesn't have enough movement in it so the godet stuck out rather than fall softly into a fold. Looks more than a little odd so off it came!
The tailored jacket is still in progress and coming along slowly, I should have a post soon as an update.