Thursday 6 January 2011

Burda Style magazine 01/2011

I have just discovered Burda Style magazine and I'm soooo excited that I did!  I purchased the January issue, and absolutely love about 10 patterns in there, and all those patterns for just £5! 

My favorite item is the cover dress (dress 108).  The pattern sketch of this dress is actually really bland, like a sack really, but once made up and with a belt, I think it's unreal.


My only problem now is trying to get hold of the fabric used in the magazine.  I've discovered a site which sells a range of the fabrics used in the Burda magazines - it's in German but Google Chrome can translate the pages easily - http://www.alfatex.de/epages/alfatex.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/alfatex - but they do not have this particular fabric!  Any ideas from readers will be greatly welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the magazine? I am having troubles finding it in the US!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just stumbled upon your website and you are (or were) in the same position as me. Returning to sewing after years off. I used to sew pre-internet days and now am thrilled with all the on-line help. I too am looking for a professional look! I see you have not had posts for a while, but am hoping you are still making great garments. I love burda magazine too, but it is when I get ambitious that things go wrong!

    ReplyDelete