Thursday 8 September 2011

What's up next...

I'm in a bit of a lull for projects currently - there's lots of pieces I want to make, but no fabric in the stash, and no tracing has been done.  So I spent all of last Sunday kneeling on the lounge room floor tracing from various BurdaStyle magazines in a bid to progress.  But boy did my knees ache when I finished!  Mental note to self - next time use the table!

First up will be the 'boat ride' top, 105 from BurdaStyle 07/2011.  I want to make this top in some really lux fabric, so I've made a muslin to trial size and test making the drape.  Well okay yes, basically I just wanted to sew and this was the only fabric I had!  Fit seems pretty good; I just need to shorten the bust darts and lengthen the top a fraction.


After this I'll be making up 'Pure Power' dress 104 from 05/2011 BurdaStyle.  I want to use some sort of more formal type fabric so I can wear it to work, but I think this pattern could also go well in a casual cotton.
104_techdwg_large

I won't get ahead of myself though, I think these 2 will keep me going for a while at my snail pace of sewing!

1 comment:

  1. How is it possible that you do not have a fabric stash? You must have a sewing gene missing... :P
    That boat ride top looks really interesting. I agree - it's crying out for some uber-lux drapey fabric to really bring it to life. Looking forward to seeing the final result!
    Happy Sewing :)

    ReplyDelete